Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 14 & 15: New Baby! and spring

Week 14:

Wow, where to start. I guess I'll start with the most important event the birth of our fourth child Kalea.
Katie said she wanted to have the baby on Wednesday (3/21/12) because it was my first day off of work that week, and by golly she had the baby on Wednesday. Kalea was born at 6:54 pm, a healthy baby girl. Katie did a marvelous job she makes it look much easier then it really is. Kalea weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 inches long. Both mom and baby are doing great and the addition to the family is going over well with the other kids at least for the time being. As far as running goes I managed to run 12 miles on Monday out at syringa and 6 miles at the gym on Tuesday but after that I didn't get out again the rest of the week. I did lift weights on Tuesday and Thursday at the high school. On Thursday I benched 360 lbs which is twice my current body weight. It was nice to see that I still am retaining a lot of strength despite running a lot. But the week really belongs to Katie and Kalea, I'm luck to have such a wonderful and beautiful wife who would go through so much to bring our little Kalea into the world. Thank you Katie!

Kalea and Me

Week 15:

Monday I finally made it out running again, I did 6 miles out on Syringa. The snow has really been melting lately which has left mostly clear trails and lots of water and mud.

Tuesday I ran 5 miles at the gym the rain has really been coming down lately which kept me inside that day.

Wednesday I decided to do a night run up Mickinnick. That was quite the adventure, I started up the trail at 9 pm with plans of going up to the 1.5 mile mark and then coming back down. The adrenaline of running in the woods at night by yourself made it quite a fun run. Due to the snow melt and tons of rain the last few days the trail is one big runoff creek (pictures and videos below) needless to say my feet got really wet. It was fun running up the newly formed creek bed AKA trail, which really kept you involved with the trail do to the newly exposed rocks. Made it to the 1.5 mile mark and almost went further up the trail but I told my wife that I would only be going that far and she was not so keen on me going up there at night by myself already. Coming down was very technical and required me to slow down and pay attention to all the large rocks on the trail.

Friday it was pouring out again, so I went to the Gym and ran 14 miles on the treadmill and then did 2.5 miles on the stairmaster.

Saturday the rain broke long enough for me to run a loop around Syringa. The snow is almost all gone, it was really muddy in some places but the trail is in good shape for the most part and is setting up nicely. I also took the older three kids hiking after my run, at Syringa. We went 2.5 miles and I carried Ty in the backpack the whole time. The kids love to run and hike and we had a great time enjoying being out in the woods.

Total miles: 38
 



Trail on Mickinnick

1.5 mile mark at Mickinnick

Hiking the Syringa trail with the kids





Running up Micknick at Night



Running down Mickinnick at night
Born to run Kaiya and Matthias

No comments:

Post a Comment